24th June 2020
Previous version available as a PDF download, here.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
How do I block Cookies?
You can configure your browser to allow or block cookies or to select those that can be installed and those that cannot, by following the procedure for the browser you use:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
- Internet Explorer (Windows Phone)
- Safari for IOS (iPhone and iPad)
- Chrome for Android
Please note that if you do not consent to any specific cookies being used, any adjustment to your settings may limit your use of this site.
What cookies do you use?
In this policy, we include a list of cookies arranged into a series of categories. Please bear in mind that a cookie could be included in more than one category. These lists will be updated as quickly as possible as the services offered on the website change and evolve.
First/Third Party Cookies:
Depending upon the entity that manages the server or domain from which the cookies are sent and which processes the data they contain, cookies can be classified into:
- First party cookies: These cookies are sent to the user's device from a server or domain managed by the publisher and which provides the service requested by the user.
- Third-party cookies: These cookies are sent to the user's device from a server or domain that is not managed by the publisher but by another entity that processes the data collected through cookies.
If cookies are installed from a server or domain managed by the publisher but the information collected through them is managed by a third-party, they are not classed as first-party cookies.
At Charity Bank, we use these cookies on our website as follows:
- First party cookies: to promote our “legitimate interests”, either to analyse how users interact with our website (so that we can make improvements) or to provide users with a service they have requested through the website (e.g., to enable the user to submit an application form for a new savings account).
- Third-party cookies: we only permit third parties to place cookies on our website where the user has consented to this through the consent management platform provided by Cookiebot.
Types of cookies according to how long they remain activated:
Depending on how long they remain activated on the device, cookies can be divided into:
- Session cookies: These cookies are designed to gather and store data when the user accesses a website. They are usually used to store data that is only needed to provide the service requested by the user on one occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: These cookies are stored on the device and can be accessed and managed over the period of time defined by the entity in charge of the cookie, which can range from minutes to several years.
Cookies according to their purpose:
Cookies can also be divided into a number of categories depending upon their purpose. The cookies used on this website have been categorised based on the ICC UK Cookie Guide.
Category 1: Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies enable services you have specifically asked for.
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like applying for a Savings Account, cannot be provided.
Category 2: Performance Cookies
These cookies collect anonymous information on the pages visited.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance, which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
Category 3: Functionality Cookies
These cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Category 4: Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. We do not use targeting or advertising cookies on our website.
The table below provides you with more information about the individual first party cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them. Where a cookie is included in this list but set by a third party we have included it in this list because we manage it through Google Tag Manager and it is therefore still classed as a first party cookie.
|Name||Provider||Third Party||Persistent||Cookie Expiry||Category||Purpose Description||Initiator Source Domain||Initiator Source Domain Country Name|
|_ga ||charitybank.org ||0||1 ||2 years ||1||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||www.googletagmanager.com||United States|
|_gat ||charitybank.org ||0||1 ||1 day ||1||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate||www.googletagmanager.com||United States|
|_gid ||charitybank.org ||0||1 ||1 day ||1||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||www.googletagmanager.com||United States|
|CookieConsent ||charitybank.org ||0||1 ||1 year ||1||Stores the user's cookie consent state for the current domain||cookiebot.com||Ireland|
|p.gif ||typekit.net ||1 ||0 ||Session ||3||Keeps track of special fonts used on the website for internal analysis. The cookie does not register any visitor data.||p.typekit.net||Germany|
|pardot ||pardot.com ||1 ||0 ||Session ||4|| |
Used to identify the visitor across visits and devices. Tracks visitors and potential customers activities on the website and on the Landing Pages by setting cookies on their browsers.
|r/collect ||doubleclick.net ||1 ||0 ||Session ||1||This cookie is used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor's device and behavior. It tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.||stats.g.doubleclick.net||United States|
|rc::c ||google.com ||1 ||0 ||Session || |
|rc::a ||google.com ||1 ||1 ||Persistent ||1||google.com||United States|
|CRAFT_CSRF_TOKEN ||charitybank.org||0||0||Session||1||charitybank.org||United Kingdom|