September 2020 update, version 1.1
Charity Bank is committed to providing the website to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We are continually working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and follow industry standards to achieve this.
This site has been built using code compliant with W3C standards for HTML and CSS. The site displays correctly in current browsers across desktop, mobile and tablet devices, and using standards compliant for HTML/CSS code, meaning that any future browsers will also display correctly.
Additional steps taken to provide an accessible website:
- We use strong colour contrasts.
- Headings and text are applied to correctly make them readable through screen readers.
- Text size can be adjusted using the zoom feature within most popular web browsers.
- Where images are used, we use alternative text to describe the image for those who are unable to see them. Screen readers can read this supporting text.
- We limit the use of on-screen popups to provide you with unobtrusive experience.
- Most PDF files on this site are tagged to allow basic accessibility.
- Video captions/subtitles are used to provide text to communicate audio and voice over descriptions.
For more information about website accessibility you may wish to visit the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) “Resources for Web Users, People with Disabilities, and Advocates’ webpage at https://www.w3.org/WAI/roles/users/ which contains guidance to enable computer users to make the most of the internet whatever their ability or disability.
We are continually seeking solutions to improve all areas of the website. Should you experience any difficulty in accessing the Charity Bank website, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.