- Available to individuals who are permanently resident in the UK
- 0.20% - 0.35% Gross/AER*
- Higher interest rates apply to higher balances and longer notice periods
Ethical 33-Day Notice Account (Gross/AER)* - Managed Rate
Minimum saving £10
*Gross is the interest rate without tax deducted.
*AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and compounded once each year.
**If you are a charity, business or private individual looking to place deposits greater than £500,000, please contact our savings team on 01732 441944.
View our Historic Interest Rates for our Personal Savings accounts since January 2015.
|Payment of interest (personal account):||Interest will be paid gross, which means interest is paid to you without tax being deducted from it. If the total amount of interest you earn exceeds your Personal Savings Allowance then you may have to pay tax directly to HM Revenue and Customs. For more information please see the latest Government information, or visit the HMRC website or call them on 0300 200 3310.|
|Notice period:||The notice period is 33-days.|
|Minimum initial deposit:||£10.|
|Withdrawals:||Send us a signed letter to withdraw your money and you’ll receive it at the end of your chosen notice period.|
|Paying money in:||First payment by cheque or electronic transfer. Subsequent payments by direct debit, cheque or electronic transfer.|
|Number of account holders:||Up to four for personal accounts.|
|How we calculate interest:||Interest is calculated daily and applied to your account quarterly in March, June, September and December. There is no bonus interest payable.|
|What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on deposits of £1,000 and £25,000?||Based on our lower tier attracting an interest rate of 0.20% gross, the estimated balance on a £1,000 deposit after 12 months would be £1,002.00. Based on our upper tier attracting an interest rate of 0.35% gross, the estimated balance would be £25,087.61. The illustrative examples assume no withdrawals, no changes to the managed interest rate over the period and interest is paid and compounded quarterly. (The illustrative examples do not take into account the individual circumstances of a customer)|
|Can Charity Bank change the interest rate?||The interest rate is managed and may be altered in accordance with Section 8 Changes to interest rates of our Terms for personal savers.|
|Managing your account:||All accounts are operated by post. We can answer any questions directly by email or over the phone.|
- Access: Open an account with just £10.
- Flexibility: Add to your savings at any time or set up a direct debit.
- Notice period of 33 days: The more you save, the higher your interest rate.
- Social impact: Your money will be used to support charities and social enterprises.
- The Charity Bank Savings Account is available to individuals who are permanently resident in the UK.
- You need to be aged 16 years or over and liable to pay tax in the UK.
- You may apply online. You will need to print an Application Summary at the end of the online process to sign and return to us. Alternatively you can apply by post.
- Interest rates are managed. If interest rates change, we’ll write to you 30 days in advance to let you know.
- You can access your savings by writing to us and you'll receive them at the end of the 33-day notice period. There are no restrictions to the amount of withdrawals you can request.
- Your eligible deposits with Charity Bank are currently protected up to the limit of £85,000 under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
- If you are looking to place deposits greater than £500,000, please contact our savings team on 01732 441944.
- View our full Terms for Personal Savers click here.
- Once you've opened your account with us, we'll send you a welcome pack explaining how to manage your account and where we’re investing your money.
- You’ll receive annual bank statements with an ethical twist: see how your savings have grown and learn about some of the organisations your savings have supported.
- When you need to access your money, send your request in writing to Fosse House, 182 High Street, Tonbridge, Kent TN9 1BE and you'll receive it at the end of your 33-day notice period.
- Call us directly to check your account details and rates or if you have any questions.
- t: 01732 441944 e: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Explore our other accounts
Not the right account for your? Or perhaps you'd like to open more than one account? Read about our other ethical savings accounts.
Ethical 33-Day Notice Account
- Make your savings work for charities and social enterprises
- Up to 0.35% Gross/AER*
- Individuals who are permanently resident in the UK
Ethical 1-Year Fixed Rate Account
- Lock your money away and support the unsung heroes in our communities
- 0.52% Gross/AER*
- Individuals who are permanently resident in the UK and only liable to pay tax in the UK
CITRA 11th Issue (opened with its qualifying 5-year Community Account)
CITRA 11th Issue (Personal)
- 0.05% gross* / AER** & 5.00% tax relief***
Charity Bank 5-year Community Account (Personal)
- 0.20% gross* / AER**
Ethical 1-Year Business Fixed Rate Account
- Available to business savers
- 0.52% Gross / AER*
CITRA 11th Issue (Business/Credit Union) (opened with its qualifying 5-year Community Account)
CITRA 11th Issue (Business)
0.05% gross* / AER** & 5.00% tax relief***
Charity Bank 5-year Community Account (Business)
0.20% gross* / AER**
Ethical 1-Year Charity, Trust and Unincorporated Association Fixed Rate Account
- Available if you are a UK registered charity or trusts or unincorporated association (club or society)
- 0.52% Gross / AER*