Your charity’s money working hard for good
By choosing our new Ethical Easy Access Account you can ensure your charity’s money is working hard to build a better society, just like you.
That’s because we lend our savers’ money to charities and social enterprises. So you can see the good your money is doing.
And, when you get a decent rate of interest, the choice is easy. Apply below today.
Know that your money is working for good
By saving with Charity Bank, your surplus liquidity can become a powerful force for good: it might be used to build affordable homes, launch community projects or help disadvantaged young people find employment.
Opening an account is straightforward, simply complete an online application form and provide a scanned copy of a bank account statement for your organisation.
Eligible deposits with Charity Bank are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, the UK’s deposit guarantee scheme.
Apply for your Ethical Easy Access Account today
Apply to open our Ethical Easy Access Account in minutes. You can earn a decent rate of interest, have same day access and know that your charity's money is working as hard for good as you do.
Charity Bank account for charities, trusts and unincorporated associations:
- Available to charities, trusts and unincorporated associations
- 0.75% Gross / AER*
Ethical Easy Access (Gross/AER)* Managed Rate
|Managed Rate||£10,000 - £500,000**|
*Gross is the interest rate without tax deducted.
*AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and compounded once each year.
**If you are a charity, business or private individual looking to place deposits greater than £500,000, please contact our savings team on 01732 441944.
|Payment of interest:||You'll receive interest gross. The gross rate is the interest rate we pay where no tax has been deducted.|
|Minimum initial deposit:||£10,000 (if your balance falls below £10,000 we'll pay you 0.10% Gross/AER).|
|Withdrawals:||You can access your savings via CHAPS (fee applies) or Faster Payment to your Nominated Account when you email us a withdrawal notification form signed in accordance with your mandate. As an additional security measure we will follow up receipt of the withdrawal notification form with a call back to an authorised signatory to ask for characters from the memorable word linked to your account. There is a limit of one withdrawal request per day and a maximum daily withdrawal limit of £125,000.|
|Cut-off times for serving notice to withdraw:||Signed notifications must be received by 11.30 a.m. on a business day; instructions received after these times will be processed next business day.|
|Paying money in:||First payment by cheque or electronic transfer. Subsequent payments by direct debit, cheque and electronic transfer.|
|Number of account holders:||Unlimited|
|How we calculate interest:||Interest is calculated daily and added to your account quarterly in March, June, September and December and on closure of your account. There is no bonus interest payable.|
|What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a £10,000 deposit?||Based on an interest rate of 0.75% gross, the balance on a £10,000 deposit after 12 months would be £10,075.21. This illustrative example assumes no withdrawals and no changes to the managed interest rate over the period. (The illustrative example does not take into account the individual circumstances of a customer).|
|Can Charity Bank change the interest rate?||The interest rate is managed and may be altered in accordance with Section 9 Changes to interest rates of our Terms for organisations (Ethical Easy Access Account).|
|Managing your account:||All accounts are operated by post or email. We can answer any questions directly by email or over the phone.|
- Access: open an account with £10,000
- Flexibility: add to your savings at any time or set up a direct debit
- Social impact: your money will be used to support charities and social enterprises across the UK
Ready to start saving? Find out where your money goes
- Opening an account: If you are a UK registered charity or trusts or unincorporated association (club or society). All trustees, directors, beneficial owners and additional signatories must be permanent UK residents. If you elect to 'APPLY ONLINE' you will need to print an Application Summary Form at the end of the online process to sign and return to us.
- Money when you need it: You can access your savings via CHAPS (fee applies) or Faster Payment to your Nominated Account when you email us a withdrawal notification form signed in accordance with your mandate. As an additional security measure we will follow up receipt of the withdrawal notification form with a call back to an authorised signatory to ask for characters from the memorable word linked to your account. There is a limit of one withdrawal request per day and a maximum daily withdrawal limit of £125,000.
- Saving for impact: You can deposit up to £500,000
To view Charity Bank's Terms for organisations (Ethical Easy Access Account) click here
- Getting started. Once you've opened your account with us, we'll send you a welcome pack explaining how to manage your account and find out where we’re investing your money
- Your impact. You’ll receive annual bank statements with a twist: you’ll see how your savings have grown and you’ll learn about some of the organisations your savings have supported
- Withdrawals. You can access your savings via CHAPS (fee applies) or Faster Payment to your Nominated Account when you send us a withdrawal notification form signed in accordance with your mandate. As an additional security measure we will follow up receipt of the withdrawal notification form with a call back to an authorised signatory to ask for characters from the memorable word linked to your account. There is a limit of one withdrawal request per day and a maximum daily withdrawal limit of £125,000.
- Staying in touch. You can call us directly to check your account details and rates
- Questions? Talk to us if you have any questions – telephone 01732 441944 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read about the organisations we support
Read about how our borrowers are using loans to grow, innovate or simply support their work as they breathe life back into communities and help people in challenging situations to live the lives they want.
Sandford Hydro: Community Power
Adriano Figueiredo, Operations Director at Low Carbon Hub, describes how one small community can make big things happen in the fight to go green, and we hear from Liz Shatford, one of the founding members of the social enterprise that initiated the project.
Ilkley Lawn Tennis & Squash Club: Centre of Sporting Excellence
Chris Brown, Treasurer of ILTSC, talks about the club’s significant role in the local community and the importance of its recent expansion.
Rotary & Residential Care Centres: Home comforts
Rotary & Residential Care Centres recently renovated its main property with a Charity Bank loan, providing top-quality homes for disabled residents. Administrator Jean Jardine shares its story.
TLG, The Education Charity: an astounding journey
Today TLG have 11 education centres that give young people a second chance for an education, and 39 early intervention centres across the UK that provide extra support to children at school.