Do you know what your business savings are doing?
Do you believe that building a good business benefits society? We do.
With our new Ethical Easy Access Account, you can earn a decent rate of interest, have same day access and know that your money is working hard to build a better society too.
What’s more, with our personal service, based here in the UK, you’ll talk to a real person. Apply below today.
Know that your money is working for good
By saving with Charity Bank, your surplus liquidity can become a powerful force for good: it might be used to build affordable homes, launch community projects or help disadvantaged young people find employment.
Opening an account is straightforward, simply complete an online application form and provide a scanned copy of a bank account statement for your organisation.
Eligible deposits with Charity Bank are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, the UK’s deposit guarantee scheme.
Open an Ethical Easy Access Account
Apply to open our Ethical Easy Access Account in minutes. You can earn a decent rate of interest, have same day access and know that your business savings are working hard for good.
- Available to business savers located in the UK. This account is not available to financial service institutions (including credit unions)
- 0.75% Gross/AER*
Ethical Easy Access Account (Gross/AER)* Managed Rate
|Managed Rate||£10,000 - £500,000**|
*Gross is the interest rate without tax deducted.
*AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and compounded once each year.
**If you are a charity, business or private individual looking to place deposits greater than £500,000, please contact our savings team on 01732 441944.
|Payment of interest:||For sole traders and individual partnerships interest will be paid without tax deducted (gross). If the total amount of interest you receive in any tax year exceeds any Personal Savings Allowance to which you’re entitled, you may have tax to pay at the applicable rate. This would need to be paid directly to HMRC. For more information, please visit gov.uk and search for ‘Personal Savings Allowance’. For corporate customers interest will be paid gross.|
|Minimum initial deposit:||£10,000 (if your balance falls below £10,000 we'll pay you 0.10% Gross/AER).|
|Withdrawals:||You can access your savings via CHAPS (fee applies) or Faster Payment to your Nominated Account when you email us a withdrawal notification form signed in accordance with your mandate. As an additional security measure we will follow up receipt of the withdrawal notification form with a call back to an authorised signatory to ask for characters from the memorable word linked to your account. There is a limit of one withdrawal request per day and a maximum daily withdrawal limit of £125,000.|
|Cut-off times for serving notice to withdraw:||Signed notifications must be received by 11.30 a.m. on a business day; instructions received after these times will be processed next business day.|
|Paying money in:||First payment by cheque or electronic transfer. Subsequent payments by direct debit, cheque and electronic transfer.|
|Number of account holders:||Unlimited|
|How we calculate interest:||Interest is calculated daily and added to your account quarterly in March, June, September and December and on closure of your account. There is no bonus interest payable.|
|What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a £10,000 deposit?||Based on an interest rate of 0.75% gross, the balance on a £10,000 deposit after 12 months would be £10,075.21. This illustrative example assumes no withdrawals and no changes to the managed interest rate over the period. (The illustrative example does not take into account the individual circumstances of a customer)|
|Can Charity Bank change the interest rate?||The interest rate is managed and may be altered in accordance with Section 9 Changes to interest rates of our Terms for organisations (Ethical Easy Access Account).|
|Managing your account:||All accounts are operated by post or email. We can answer any questions directly by email or over the phone.|
- Access: open an account with £10,000
- Flexibility: add to your savings at any time or set up a direct debit
- Social impact: your money will be used to support charities and social enterprises across the UK
Ready to start saving? Find out where your money goes
- Opening an account The Ethical Easy Access Account (Business) is available to limited companies, sole traders and partnerships looking to save and do good. Companies and shareholding companies must be UK registered. All directors, additional signatories, members, partners and shareholders must be permanent UK residents. If you elect to 'APPLY ONLINE' you will need to print an Application Summary form at the end of the online process to sign and return to us.
- Money when you need it: You can access your savings via CHAPS (fee applies) or Faster Payment to your Nominated Account when you email us a withdrawal notification form signed in accordance with your mandate. As an additional security measure we will follow up receipt of the withdrawal notification form with a call back to an authorised signatory to ask for characters from the memorable word linked to your account. There is a limit of one withdrawal request per day and a maximum daily withdrawal limit of £125,000.
- Saving for impact: You can deposit up to £500,000.
To view the full Terms for organisations (Ethical Easy Access Account) please click here
- Getting started. Once you've opened your account with us, we'll send you a welcome pack explaining how to manage your account and find out where we’re investing your money
- Your impact. You’ll receive annual bank statements with a twist: you’ll see how your savings have grown and you’ll learn about some of the organisations your savings have supported
- Withdrawals. You can access your savings via CHAPS (fee applies) or Faster Payment to your Nominated Account when you email us a withdrawal notification form signed in accordance with your mandate. As an additional security measure we will follow up receipt of the withdrawal notification form with a call back to an authorised signatory to ask for characters from the memorable word linked to your account. There is a limit of one withdrawal request per day and a maximum daily withdrawal limit of £125,000.
- Staying in touch. You can call us directly to check your account details and rates
- Questions? Talk to us if you have any questions – telephone 01732 441944 or email email@example.com.
Read about the organisations we support
Read about how our borrowers are using loans to grow, innovate or simply support their work as they breathe life back into communities and help people in challenging situations to live the lives they want.
Action on Hearing Loss: Saving vital support services
Paul Breckell, Chief Executive of Action on Hearing Loss, tells us about its journey to save a range of important services for people confronting deafness and hearing loss in the UK.
St George’s Crypt: helping the homeless
St George’s Crypt offers support, care and compassion to those suffering from homelessness in the Leeds area.
Parchment Trust: promoting independence and inclusion
Parchment Trust provides day care services for people with learning and physical disabilities in East Sussex with a person-centred and inclusive approach. A Charity Bank loan assisted the charity to purchase the freehold of one of its sites.
Mabel Luke Almshouses: a tradition of affordable accommodation
Bill Piner, Chairman of the Trustees for the Charity of Mrs Mabel Luke, explains how a loan from Charity Bank assisted the expansion of their almshouses, offering more accommodation to those in need.